1. choose the appropriate prepositions in the blank of the following sentence:
The family doesn’t feel __________ going outing
Ans : like
2. Fill in the blank with appropriate use of tense:
I couldn’t mend the computer myself, so I
_________ at a shop.
Ans : had it mended
3. who wrote “Biographia Literaria”
Ans : S.T.Coleridge
4. Othello gave Desdemona _______ as a token of love:
Ans : Handkerchief
5. Choose the correct sentence:
Ans : all of it depends on you
6. A chart was appended to the report. here appended means –
Ans : joined
7. The mother sat vigilantly beside the sick baby.
here vigilantly is:
Ans : an adverb
8. Fraility the name is women. Here Fraility is:
Ans : Noun
9. Which of the following words is in singular form?
Ans : radius
10. “A rolling stone gathers no moss” The
complex form of the sentence is:
Ans : A stone that rolls gathers no moss
11. The new offer of job was alluring. Here Alluring means –
Ans : tempting
12. “Who planted this tree here?” The correct passive voice of this sentence is
Ans : By whom was the tree planted here?
13. Education is enlightening. Here enlightening is:
Ans : A gerund
14. Use the appropriate article –
I saw ______________ one eyed man when I was walking on the road.
Ans : a
15. the word ‘omnivorous’ means:
Ans : eating all types of food
16. complete the following sentence choosing the appropriate option:
it’s raining cats and dogs, so –
Ans : make sure you take an umbrella
17. the phrase “Achilles’ heel” means:
Ans : a weak point
18. he worked with all sincerity. the underlined phrase “with all sincerity” is:
Ans : an adverbial phrase
19. this is the book I lost. here “I lost” is:
Ans : an adjective clause
20. which do you think is the nearest in meaning to “proviso”:
Ans : stipulation
21. Cassandra is a night owl, so she doesn’t usually get up until about:
Ans : 11 a.m
22. Select the word that is the most closely opposite in meaning to the capitalized word:
Ans : harmless
23. Gerontion is a poem by –
Ans : T.S. Eliot
24. Fill in the blank. ‘___________’ is
Shakespeare’s last play.
Ans : Tempest
25. who has written the poem “Elegy Written in a country Churchyard”?
Ans : Thomas Gray
26. Who has written the play Volpone?
Ans : Ben Jonson
27. Shakespeare composed much of his plays in what sort of verse?
Ans : Iambic pentameter
28. The repetition of beginning consonant sound is known as:
Ans : alliteration
29. which of the following is not a poetic
Ans : The Comic
30. What is a funny poem of five lines called?
Ans : Limerick
31. Robert Browning was a _________ poet. Fill in the gap with appropriate word.
Ans : Victorian
32. P.B. Shelley’s “Adonais’ is an elegy on the death of –
Ans : John Keats
33. The comparison of unlike things using the words like on as is known to be –
Ans : simile
34. “Restoration period’ in English literature refers to-
Ans : 1660
35. “The sun also rises” is a novel written by –
Ans : Earnest Hemingway
বি:দ্র : ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় থেকে বিসিএসে চান্সপ্রাপ্ত ও কোচিংয়ের সঙ্গে জড়িতদের মাধ্যমে উত্তরপত্র তৈরি করা হয়েছে। প্রশ্নের উত্তরে কোন ভুল থাকলে কমেন্ট করে জানাবেন।
ঢাকা, ১ অক্টোবর (ক্যাম্পাসলাইভ২৪.কম)//জেএন